• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Batman Ninja’ Anime Arrives in 2018 from ‘Afro Samurai’ Creator

Please be like
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I would love something like this Batman of Shanghai was awesome. Either way I can't wait to see anime Batman <3

Vlaphor

This is the first I've heard of people not liking Afro Samurai Resurrection. I liked it better than the original series. Felt more coherent as a movie than the five episode series and I preferred the battles more.

and Lady Sio, can't forget her

This is the first I've heard of people not liking Afro Samurai Resurrection. I liked it better than the original series. Felt more coherent as a movie than the five episode series and I preferred the battles more.

and Lady Sio, can't forget her

It started off hype but then it just became a repeat of the TV mini but with less interesting characters with no time to develop. It should have been another 5 episode mini instead of a movie cuz it didn't feel focused.

duckroll

The director is Junpei Mizusaki? He's the founder of Kamikaze Douga, which is a full 3DCG studio. Not sure if we should expect this to be 2D anime at all. But that's okay, because Kamikaze Douga rocks. Aside from the Jojo openings, they did all the FFT WotL FMVs too.

Interesting they're going for something like rotoscoping. It could go either way really depending on how they handle it.

It sounds to me like they're using the footage as a reference for the animators, not rotoscoping it. Avatar: TLA did it that way iirc.

Top Bottom